On Monday 7th October, we officially launched Cask Trade Ltd. with a brief presentation on what we do and why, by Simon Aron, the managing director.Followed by a superb cask strength whisky tasting led by none other than the godfather of whisky - Charles Maclean and Sir Colin Hampden-White, Keeper of the Quaich and one of Cask Trade's directors. We sampled 6 cask strength whiskies that we had specially drawn out of casks currently on our stocklist. It was a rare opportunity to taste them with the guidance of some of the most respected whisky experts!
- Glenlivet 1978, 40 years, bourbon hogshead, 41.7%
- Aberlour 1989, 26 years, bourbon hogshead, 51.1%
- Glen Moray 2008, 10 years, bourbon barrel, 57.1%
- Fettercairn 2008, 10 years, bourbon barrel, 56.6%
- North British 2006, 12 years, sherry cask finish, 59.9% (10 years bourbon, 2 years sherry)
- Bunnahabhain 2009, 10 years, 1st fill Oloroso sherry butt, 56.2%
Soon, you will be able to watch the full presentation and whisky tasting. As well as read more on cask investment and Charles' tasting notes.